Losing the national championship game was hard for me. As an extremely competitive person, I was very disappointed. But like everything else that has happened to me, I used this as a learning experience. After going through a great deal of adversity I began to realize that the importance of tough situations is about how one responds to them.
A few weeks after losing the championship game, we were back into off-season training. I was determined to be the best version of myself physically and mentally for the second semester of my junior year, which would allow me to head into my summer internship with momentum. I was once again feeling on top of the world, until something stripped it away in seconds.
One cold February morning at a 5:30am team run I tore my ACL and meniscus for the second time in my life. This was a tough time for me because I knew I was going to have to miss my senior season, and not be able to spend my summer in Atlanta working due to physical therapy. I was once again facing adversity, which left me with two choices. I could either feel bad for myself and give up, or use this as another stepping stone to the process.
Comments
Post a Comment